Tuesday, September 9, 2008

CSA: Week 12 *Updated w/Pic*

This week we should have summer squash, cucumbers, sweet peppers, fresh beans, onions, tomatoes, muskmelon, and Gravenstein apples and/or Bartlett pears. 

No potatoes. Sigh. Guess I will have to stop by the little produce farm store nearby that specializes in potatoes.

Haven't heard the term "muskmelon" for awhile. West Coasters usually call it "cantaloupe". A blast from my midwest past.

Will plan on making fajitas with the sweet peppers and onions. Always a hit. 

Shauna and I have walked the last 2 mornings. Go us! Tomorrow she has a ct scan so we will have to wait until Thursday to go again. So glad to get this back in my routine. I had so much energy yesterday.

We are living at the barn lately. Elise is back from Canada, and they had a great lesson with her yesterday. Funny story... there is a donkey at the barn temporarily. Memo is in LOVE with the donkey!! I think she wants to be his mother. His name is Abe and he is adorable and really LOUD!! They were neighing and braying back and forth. Hilarious. Memo could hardly concentrate on the lesson... she kept looking over at Abe. Luckily, when she was finished she got the paddock next to him. Adorable. We will have to get some pics. I'll try to get some today at Nat's lesson. For good pics, you will have to wait for Jim to get back to the barn ;)



4 comments:

Jean said...

I've never heard of muskmelon..bummer about the potatoes though. Good for you guys on walking! I do need to get back into the exercise routine, myself. I feel so lazy! How cute about the donkey..cant wait to see pics!!!!

Team Immel said...

i'm glad you explained about the melon, cuz i was just going to ask what the heck is a muskmelon?????

can't wait to see abe photos! sounds adorable.

your dinner sounds so good.

thanks for walking with me. it's been awesome perfect weather. a real treat.

xoxo
shauna

Jean said...

OMG, the donkey is soooo cute!!!!!

Team Immel said...

your ass is cute! lol

xoxox
si