Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Update

So I've added some tags at the bottom of the page so you can now easily find my blog posts that have recipes, menu ideas, or simply related to food. If only I would have been smart enough to add these as I went along. Oh well, live and learn.

Sadly, I did not sign up for the CSA (community supported agriculture) for the upcoming year. Too hard to give up such a chunk of change this time of year. Their price went up too :( I will miss it, but have decided to make the effort and stop at the farm stores on the way to/from the barn or get to the Farmer's Market to get my produce this summer. We are so blessed to have such access to incredible home-grown fruits and veggies. I *heart* Oregon :)

Jim and Nat are at the barn. Memo will get a good ride, then Nat will work at the barn. We will tag-team and I will pick up Nat at the barn and take her to Pony Club quiz study at 2:00. Then it is back to the barn to finish up chores.

Nat is off to a great start in school for the new semester. She LOVES her new math teacher, and is enjoying her new electives of Book Arts and Ceramics 2. They are currently doing forecasting for next year's classes and she found out that that she has made it into Advanced Vocal Ensemble! Way to go, Nat! She also got her report card and received straight A's with the exception of a B in Theatre 2. The theatre teacher usually only gives A's to those who are in the school plays. Oh well. We were really excited that she got an A in Music Theory!! That was one tough class and she worked so hard!!

Rumor has it that they are doing a JUMPING schooling show at DevonWood next weekend!! DevonWood is a really fancy dressage place so it will be great if we get to jump there! There was a schooling show on Saturday that some of Nat's friends participated in. She went up there as a volunteer, running test score sheets from the judge/scribe to the office. Quite a few of the CMPC girls volunteered... we are always so appreciative to DevonWood for letting us hold our mounted meetings and Rally at their facility. They rock!!

I have begun a new project: Extreme Home Makeover, Bathroom Edition. I'm redecorating both the master and Nat's bathrooms. Painting will have to wait until it is warmer, but I made some really good progress yesterday. Found some great art on Etsy!! Some horse art for Nat, and some nature art for ours. I'm going for a spa feeling in our bath. Peaceful and serene.

Guess I better get back to laundry mania. So much to get caught up on around here after being sick!!

No comments: