Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm enjoying a few hours alone at home. Loving it. I feel like I've been running all week. Crazy. I really just want to be home, but unfortunately I will be running off again soon. My life is not my own, but I guess I wouldn't change a thing :)

Natalie is gearing up for a USPC Quiz Rally next Saturday. So that means that I am gearing up too ;) We have been getting together to study weekly since the end of December. Really shoots the weekends, but hopefully it will pay off. At quiz rally, Natalie and her teammates will be quizzed ALL day on their horse management knowledge. There are several different sections to the day... they rotate through different phases such as classroom, barn, mega-room, stations, and a written test. Since Natalie has her C1 rating, the questions are really tough!! We did a mock rally yesterday... they were tested on their knowledge of lamenesses, parasites, types of horse shoes, bits, equipment... you name it. Natalie and two of her teammates are hoping to qualify for Western Championships in August. They have worked hard so I hope they do well.

Had some fun with friends this week... errands and coffee with Shauna on Thursday, lunch with Kimberly on Friday, dinner with Robanne on Friday, and more fun with Shauna last night (another errand and then a stop at Diane's house!). I am so grateful for my friends. They mean the world to me.

After our last quiz study session this afternoon, we will head to Wilsonville to celebrate Ethan's birthday. Nat and Jim are at the barn right now. Jim is such a good horsey dad :) I love when he takes the weekend shift at the barn :) It is a much-needed break for me.

Have had a great time with Facebook this week!! A bunch of my college friends found me! It has been so great to reconnect with them.

Hope you all have a fabulous week!! 

No comments: