Thursday, February 26, 2009

Proud Momma Alert

Nat had a very, very, very good day yesterday. She even texted me from school (during lunch time) with the news. I love when she texts me from school during lunch ;) 

She received the results of her EXPLORE test, which is a pre-ACT test that 8th graders take. She was 100 percentile for her school and 99 percentile for the entire country!!! And... she got perfect scores on both the English and Science portions!! Her reading and math scores were pretty darn good too :) Anyway...I'm pretty stoked for her. The funny thing is that she LOVES standardized tests!! I remember being all nervous and choking on them when I was her age... she'll have none of that.

There was also a section of questions that helps the kids figure out good matches for jobs in the future. Research scientist was right up there. And no... she is not going to be Marine Biologist anymore. That is so yesterday. She is going to be MICRO Biologist ;) Curing cancer kind of stuff.  No more Auburn... maybe University of Georgia??  She is so funny!! We'll see what tomorrow brings!! She is obsessed with this website for searching colleges:  http://www.collegeboard.com/

Today I'm having coffee with my friends Darcie and ReNae. Can't wait! Yesterday I had lunch with Shauna, Jo and Julie. Soooo fun!!! I'm quite the social butterfly lately ;) Anyone else up for a play date?? Please help me avoid doing laundry and cleaning my house!! xoxo

1 comment:

Laura Nicholas said...

Congrats to Nat - that is fantastic!!!!