Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Under-The-Weather Wednesday

Natalie is home sick today... sore throat and headache. A slight fever too. Feels crummy. Hopefully she can sleep and rest herself out of this bug so she can get ready for another crazy weekend.

I have no excuse (other than allergies??) but I have had an incredibly lazy and unproductive day. I slept in until 9:30. I didn't get out of my jammies until 11:30. I spent a big part of my day on Facebook, mostly consoling Shauna. She sent her 13 year old off to Japan today!! He is going for 2 weeks with a group from his school. What an adventure!! So tough as a mom to let your kids do stuff like that without you. My heart goes out to her.

Another big part of my day was sorting through old photos and looking back at scrapbooks. Kind of in a sentimental mood I guess. I was chatting with Annie earlier... she is expecting her first child... a daughter. I am so happy for her and Ben... seems like yesterday that was Jim and I waiting for Nat. Time is just flying by. Now my baby is 14. What a whirlwind it has been. I'm grateful for every minute.

Guess I should try to get something done with my day. Have to admit I have enjoyed the slow pace... I don't get much of a chance to do that lately. It feels good to just breathe and take it easy.

No comments: