Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy 18!

On this day 18 years ago, I married my best friend. 

We picked June 9th because it was my Grandparents' 50th anniversary... really made our day extra special having them there. You would have thought June in Las Vegas would be a safe time to have an outdoor wedding on the golf course. Turns out, it was a monsoon! Pouring rain, flash floods and high winds. Our beautiful trellis decorated with fresh flowers and ivy went flying across the golf course. The ladies in the club house playing bridge told me that it was good luck to get married on a rainy day. They were right :)

We ended up having the ceremony in the club house on the dance floor. My pastor was a bit ticked because the bar opened so the guests could have drinks... that is Las Vegas for you ;)

It was one of the most wonderful nights of my life. I married the man of my dreams, with all of my family and friends there to celebrate. Rain and all, it was the perfect night. Who else has storm clouds in their wedding photos in Las Vegas? Those were way before the days of digital... I wish I could post the pic. The photographer had us go out to the golf course between rain storms. We are holding hands in front of a huge palm tree with the most ominous black clouds behind it. Stunning pic.

I wish I had Shauna's beautiful words to convey what I am feeling today. But I'm just me... my plain and simple words will have to do. My heart is so full of emotion.

I came home from dropping off Natalie from school this morning to find two dozen red roses on the kitchen table. After 18 years, he is still bringing me flowers. I'm the luckiest lady alive. I have tears in my eyes as I type this.

Happy Anniversary, Jim. Thank you for giving me the best years of my life. Thank you for all of the adventures we have had together, for our beautiful daughter, for our wonderful life. I can't wait for the next 18 years with you. Thank you for showing me what true love is all about. All my love, P.


3 comments:

Team Immel said...

Paris, you don't need my words, you have your own! What a beautiful post and story! What a tribute to him, and the two of you. Congrats. What an accomplishment! Wow, 18 years. That is so cool! Enjoy your day!!!!

xoxox
Shauna

ali said...

What a wonderful post Paris! Congrats to you and your hubby! Wishing you many more years together for of love and happiness!

Laura Nicholas said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. I hope your next 18 + years together are full of love and happiness!

Laura